Written assignments

National Geographic Cover Review:

This is my first pick when it comes to my top 3 favorite colors simply because it’s a person of color who looks to be caring a key or something important. I also like his facial expression; he looks calm and comfortable which is comforting.
National Geographic 831

I’ve always been obsessed with turban culture and their reasons to why they dress in such a way, and that is why I chose this one as my second favorite.  Plus the black against the rest of the colors looks amazing.

National Geographic 838

Lastly, I chose this one as my third favorite because I love animals. Even though I tend to hate things with wigs, these birds look nice and they give off homely or safe vibes. It just looks like a good cover page for an interesting book.

National Geographic 827

Silhouette Article Read and Write:

Silhouetting a picture takes a specific technique in a persons point of view. When adding the silhouette to an image it is known to give off a glamorous intensity in an every day type photo and therefore remains one of the most often used effects in photography. In doing so this is not easily accomplished photographers must deviate from most rules when it comes to taking a picture with light vs the subject. It is best fit to achieve a natural silhouette in early mornings or late afternoons.

Cultural Photography: Read and Write

Cultural photography can be defined in various lights depending on the photographer.; some feel as if it could be a combination that grows out of necessity others say its just pictures of ones lifestyle and personal creations. In this specific article he focuses on the fact that he felt as if when asked, “What type of photography do you do?” or ” What type of photographer are you?” he never truly knew how to answer this question.

In his experience with his style of photography he ever had a simple answer, due to his work having various aspects of diversity in photography in his pictures. What I found interesting about this is that his experience in his work took hold of his lifestyle outside of his job. For example he maintains culture in his work but this isn’t specifically what his work dedicates; it is just apart of all of his creations.  He decided that in order to fully capture the culture of what he was doing at the time he needed to dedicate years of learning the innerworkings of buildings and Zen Buddhism.

In which took him 10 years to fully master, not only this but after the first 5-6 years of being dedicated to learning these two new aspects of life did he decide to pick up a camera again and start to take pictures. He has a type of morality in his work where he also refuses to change his style of editing. This is inspiring to ones signature and makes me feel as if upholding you niche is more than important when letting others in and having a say on what you are doing with your craft. At the end of the day he came to the realization his style is completely unique and in its own great category; not even google could label him.

Read and Write: Photojournalism

A war photographer for over 3 decades goes by the name of Ron Haviv. One

I feel as if his work is immensely different. Personally its not the type of photography I’d  like to work with but I do like how colorful and  creative his style of working is. He uses different settings and tones to create his own image and that is not easy to do.

Motion Blur: tips                                                                                                                                                           1. Find a specific scenery where the actions can be controlled. 2.  Coastal areas are a great place to shoot motion blurs. 3. Wherever there’s people there is movement. 4. Use slow synch flash if using vehicles such as bikes. 5.  You don’t need to be in the daylight there are just as may opportunities depending on the location with dim or night lighting.

HDR Landscapes:

(High Dynamic Range) is what HDR stands for and it can be used for landscapes in certain ways. For example,  HDR ranges from lighter tones  to darker tones in images; capturing the best details in both lighter and darker elements in the photos.

1. Photographer for Pangea (LA): Qualifications consist of professional experience with brands, Great editing skills, possible team for faster results, .some degree of manual labor, etc. I meet many of the requirements but, I will need to make a team capable of my skills and better, more professional experience, and better photography equipment.

Political Poster:

I chose the topic Domestic Violence as my political poster because I felt it is a topic NO ONE takes seriously. Men continue to put their hands on woman with absolutely no consequences or repercussions. Women live in fear of a day to day possibility of being abused or violently confronted by a man, knowing no one is going to help or interfere to protect her, and sadly I speak from personal experiences. Domestic Violence needs to stop all together and woman need to stop being the ones dealing with consequences of an angered man. Enough has been enough for way to long.

$10,000 Shopping Spree:

1. Canon XF605 UHD 4k HDR Pro Camcorder $4,499.00

Motion like panning is blurred with slower fps speeds. Camcorders also generally have better built-in mics or ports for adding sound equipment, meaning the audio quality from a dedicated camcorder also beats cameras and cell phones.

2. Sony Cyber- Shot DSC RX10 IV Digital Camera $1,698.00

Good cameras have all the controls you need, and make those controls fast and easy to operate. Better, great cameras let you program the camera do all the grunt work, like setting exposure and ISO and focus, exactly the way you would

3. LED Canon speedlite 600EX II- RT $499.00

By shooting with the right LED lighting, you can capture colors that look far more like they do in real life, saving you post-processing time later on. Many LED lights are also dimmable and can be brightened or lowered by remote control, giving you more control over the brightness of the lighting you are using.

4. Sony Alpha a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera with 28-70mm lens $1,998.00

Digital cameras bring a new level of enjoyment to picture taking and have numerous advantages, many of which were simply not possible with an ordinary film camera. Digital cameras are more convenient than film cameras, and since buying and developing film are not necessary, operating costs are lower.

5. Manfrotto MK055XPRO3-BHQ2 Aluminum Tripod with XPRO ball head and 200PL QR PLATE $419.93

tripod allows you to use a long exposure, i.e. a faster shutter speed of up to several seconds, without the risk of you moving. You can also use the flash to light up your subject while using a long exposure so that the background doesn’t come out too dark.

6. Manfrotto Professional Lithium- Ion Battery for select Canon Cameras (7.2V , 2000mAH) $63.00
Camera batteries are the one thing nobody says much about, although they are the most important part of your camera. By keeping an extra battery with you at all times, you always have more power when you’re shooting longer than expected

7. Manfrotto ProCube professional twin charger for Sony NP-BX1, NP FW50, and NP- FZ100 battery $79.99

rechargeable batteries have become less expensive, more reliable, and much longer lasting. … They hold a charge for much longer than the rechargeable

8. Delkins Devices 256gb black CFexpress Type b memory card $379.00

The most important features of an SD card are speed, reliability, price, and warranty. SD cards are most commonly used in cameras for storing image and video files as you shoot them. Because most cameras can take photos faster than they can write them to storage, cameras first save images to a small but speedy buffer.

9. Vello freewave plus Wireless Remote shutter release for canon $59.95

they let you see a live transmission of the camera’s live view image to time your photo

10. B+W 77mm XS-Pro UV haze MRC- Nano 010m Filter  $63.95

Filters help minimize glare and reflections, enhance colors, reduce light coming into the lens, and more. Each lens filter serves a specific purpose, as each one is built to deliver a specific effect that can help enhance the final look of an image.

11. Arco video Dr. Bag 20 $119.00

To help carry and safety store camera, lenses, laptop, and all your other accessories such as batteries, filters and speedlights wherever you are in the world.

Canon Lenses Experience: (522 words)

I read and learned various facts on both the topics known as Travel Photography, written by Randy Kerr, and Music Photography, written by Mike Lerner. I would like to start off by saying that even though my love for music impacted me on Mr. Lerner’s article, Mr. Kerr’s article I found more interesting; possibly due to my love for traveling and wanting to experience new places and things pertaining those areas. They focused on his journeys in traveling the world to emphasize his success in portraits. For example, while being in 30 different countries he learned that Travel Photography revolves around areas away from home including encompass landscapes, still life, action photos, and so much more. Personal style became one of the most essential variables in his style of photographing, giving viewers a true insider on his point of views of the world he was seeing at the time of the photographing. He keeps what they called a cosmopolitan attitude even though his working kit maintains basic, which in the end provides a better picture. He specifies that he travels with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a smaller APS-C body, maintaining a fast prime for low light and selective DOF portrait opportunities. These types of accessories are extremely expensive and lets one see that Kerr is true to his photography. He even switches through modes and camera lenses / extensions when wildlife or extensive buildings become the main image, never leaving different variances of images on the same mode. He is also known to infuse his work with an introspective point of view keeping a broad complex to place viewers in the scene. It’s an amazing tactic not all are fully able to infiltrate and that is why his article stuck with me. Now when it comes to Music photography, I learned most images are characterized by soft almost organic featuring colors with a dramatic use of light; not to leave out monochromatic images, in which are just as colorful. Mr. Lerner seemed to place most of his images on intimate and candid moments somehow maintaining the mood of the current song played in the shot, it’s truly inspiring. He also states he doesn’t have a specific style, its pretty much just a natural vibe that works out greatly for him in the end, if that’s not natural talent then I’m not sure what is. His background in photography focuses more on pop culture singing so many of his images are upbeat being he’s photographing artists like Katy Perry and Justin Bieber. Canon gear exclusively has been his pick in photography gear specifically the Canon EOS-1D Mark IV and their matching 3 lenses. He stated once that he felt as if those 3 lenses were perfection when it came to concert photography and finding his favorite set of lenses wasn’t hard at all. He initially borrowed from a friend and later on rented his own and maybe it was luck, but at the end of the day by his 3rd purchase he had found the golden ticket; even though the lenses purchased were pretty common in his work of field.

Studio Portrait and 20 words:

I love the mood of this picture and the color wave reminds me a lot of Euphoria.

Attractive, Anticipative, Confident, Lustful, Lowkey, PartyNextDoor, Vibes, Secretive, Toxic, Trust Issues !!, Perfect, Controlled, Toned, Personality, Feelings, Calm, Effortless, Pretty, Dark, Music Video type of vibe

PhotoMontage:

A glass condo in Las Angeles, CA successful, happily in love, with a law or business degree is where I see myself 10 years into the future. I will be 27 and done with college/law school, hopefully no babies possibly in the middle of deciding whether or not I’m mentally and financially ready to get married. This truly is my dream reality for me and it’s what I will achieve. The money on the floor stands for generational wealth, while the man in the window shows dedication and success.

The car in the sky is a BMW I8 tinted windows butterfly doors; my goal car. Then there is a gavel with a 2 law books showing the career I want to achieve wth of course the ring next to the money showing where my loyalty lies. Peace and Prosperity all comes with every future dreams that one day all of us as one will achieve so of course I had to mention it. Whether or not I’ve come to meet it in 5,10, or 25 years.

In the end I truly just want to be able to say “I worked hard, I’m stable, nd my life is fun as hell at the end of the day” and with that comes laughter and opportunity. The view means I’m meant to settle down in the city and openness in my housing choice shows how open I am with who I am, what I want, and open to anything else ready for me to achieve. I cant wait to make this image become my future realty; which is also why I titled it a Look into my Future.

Read and Write

The five ways to improve ones composition are by following the ‘rule of thirds’, balancing the image diagonally, shooting from low angles, filling the entire frame or simply framing the image, and leaving space for movement.  Using some of these ideas will help tremendously when trying to improve ones composition. They all add a slight difference giving off a huge ending impact to ones picture. Composition is the key in visual recognition and that is why following these step will become extremely helpful in the long run.

What I Learned about camera exposure and camera modes

Camera exposure determines how light / dark mages appear when captured; which is determined by 3 camera modes. Aperture, Iso, and Shutter speed are the 3 different modes in settings. Aperture controls the area in where light enters the camera lenses, while shutter speed determines when the cameras sensor opens and closes when light comes in the cameras lenses. The last setting mode, ISO, determines the cameras sensitivity to light similar to shutter speed, but using numbers specifically 1:1.

A RAW image vs JPEG

A raw image, containing wider dynamic range/color than a Jpeg image, is mainly used for highlight and shadow recovery. This is extremely beneficial for when parts of your image is either under or over exposed because RAW images provide ‘finer control and better recovery/adjustment potential. RAW images also contain more shades of color, wider dynamic range and what some call ‘color gamut’, proof of authenticity, and can convert to various RAW formats. Even then there are some disadvantages of using a RAW image over JPEG. For example; they must be post-processed meaning they require more storage and come with sharing uses, there’s more files to manage, longer backups, and ‘RAW format compatibility’. Now JPEG formats come already processed unlike RAW images. They leave small footprints with no camera shut down or choice of compression. They also receive faster backups and compatibility. They too have disadvantages, for example; you will lose data from your photographs. Not all but definitely some and on top of that JPEG is limited to only 8 -bits. Meaning various of colors may come out different than the picture or image originally taken.